Friday 3 July 2009

Not a happy teddy!

I'm supposed to be on holiday, but it seems to be rather elusive. I just spent the past week working like crazy to get all my orders done, but I forgot about my phone being on my literature and I'm being pursued in supermarkets, whilst driving, and beating a path to my door. Still as the weather is going crazy too, maybe it's not such a bad thing. I'm also taking Sue Bleiweiss's follow on course 'More journal making for the fibre artist' and only just caught up today with lesson 1 - two trifold journals. I had been ferreting around in my attic for some lace and came across loads of lovely quilting fabrics which would be great for this course. The first I called Serengetti and I cut out African animals and used them as masks for the inside pages, spritzing over them with moonshadow mists in teal and silver. The little button closure is supposed to be a lion's head and the tie is plaited raffia.















The second is a series of pictures of Egyptian gods which I used for my Luxor journal - I printed out a picture of the pyramids at Luxor and fused it to the front so that when you opened the journal up you saw the gods as you would when entering one of their tombs. The signatures were cut to shape the inside too.



Bert was here last week too, and he finished the block paving across the kitchen and up the side of the workshop. He also put up a wall mounted washing line for me which has made life easier as well as saving electricity for the dryer. Now I'm about to sit in my lounger and read two books that have just arrived 1) Maggie Grey's Stitches, straps and layers; 2) Lynda Monk and Carol McFee's Stitching the textured surface. Just a wonderful feast for the eyes and imagination.

No comments: