Thursday 23 July 2009

A quick blog

Bert is here tomorrow so a quick blog is in order before I get sidetracked. I made some journals using techniques from various articles I had come across in my books and magazines.

The first two photos are a journal using cotton batting as the main fabric. I stencilled leaves onto it, quilted it and made up the journal, but found the batting very delicate and had to cover it with an organza to give it more durability. I intend to use this on my holiday in August when I go to York, so I've spritzed the pages in readiness and added all the pockets and paraphanaelia needed for the trip.




The second two photos are of a crazy quilting technique using some pieces of fabric I had stashed in my loft. I just love the sunflowers on the paper covers inside. This was fun to do and gave me ideas for more of the same.



The last two are of a brag book I made for my granddaughter's arrival. My daughter, SIL and GD are arriving in August and I wanted a little present that would keep Lucy occupied. This brag book has 6 plastic pockets for photos of her holiday and two little booklets to write in and collect ephemera in the envelopes and pockets attached inside. I also added a map so that she could see where she was staying. I just hope she likes penquins...







1 comment:

Steph said...

Hi Mum, Lovely! Can I have the one with the sunflowers? I think it's marvellous! DD