Saturday 18 July 2009

multicoloured

Well, this week did not start well, because whilst taking out the dogs for their walk on Sunday last, I managed to fall and injure my left wrist and hand, smack my face on the pavement and graze my knee. A visit to the hospital A&E put me in a temporary caste and allowed me to use my bus pass for the first time to get back home. However I learned you can't use them before 09:30 so I had to pay up, to my disgust! A follow up visit to the surgeon the following day meant that my caste was substituted for a splint and I was able to move my hand somewhat.


I was really impressed by the speed of the A&E and was in and out within the hour which is a miracle when judged by the length of time I've spent in the hospital in Cheshire waiting for attention.


So, I had to learn how to get about using one hand, no easy task, and as I was unable to carry anything, I joined the online delivery service of our local supermarket. This service is not as expensive as I had imagined and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is housebound. It also concentrates the mind on what is actually needed and not on the 'would like to have' items that you fill your trolleys with whilst browsing round the aisles; so I have also saved money too.





Yesterday, after a hairy week, I had some pain free time so I set to and made my Friday's lesson from Sue Bleiweiss, learning how to make a hand bound notebook and a 3 fold journal with pockets. Very taxing and I'd had enough by the time the dogs came back from social club. However, they were very wet as it had rained heavily during their outing and extremely muddy. I then had to get them both in the shower and wash them off so by the end of this I was in deep pain and could only sit whilst the painkillers started to work...very sorry for myself...


Well, enough of this, today I'm back on track with a multicoloured hand that is now useable, and looking for things to do; I can feel another doll coming on and as I have been trawling my books (like you do when limited), I am thinking of new ways of making journals too.

1 comment:

Digitalgran said...

How unlucky to have a fall like that! I hope you will recover quickly so you can continue creating.
I used the delivery service for my SiL who can't go shopping these days. She took a lot of persuading, but now she loves it. All it takes is a phone call to me with her list and I order it for her. Saves DH having to do her shopping :)