Saturday 11 July 2009

At last, some time to myself!

I have been working like a demented dervish for the past two weeks, trying to finish all the work from the market and keep up with my new course. Yesterday I actually could say I am now on holiday and can take things easier, however the weather is not good so I can't sit out, my house needs cleaning for when my daughter and family arrive soon, and I have the added worry of Bert's latest xray showing a tumour on his liver!


Am I downhearted...not a chance.

Here are pictures from my lessons from More Journalling:
The pink book is made of board and exposed signatures that have been attached with thick thread, as is the larger black book, but this one is made with fabric around the signatures and much more fiddly. I used openweave floppy linen and won't do that again! It was quite an art getting the fabric to line up with the pages and to remain stable, maybe they should have been sprayed with a starch beforehand. The horse book is a great little envelope book - 6 envelopes attached to separate spines within the folder and six mini journals in each envelope. This was the most fun one to do up to now, and didn't take all that long to make and brings me up to date with my course lessons.


Today I made a present for my 7 year old granddaughter, a pocket monster, in which she could hide little things from everyone once she has found the pocket herself...I must make two more for my other granddaughters, but I want to design something a bit different.

No comments: