Tuesday 16 June 2009

Summer weather - lovely

All this past week we have had some gorgeous weather. I've been able to top up my tan and snooze in the garden in the afternoon. Although I'm still at the market till the end of June, the waistcoats are not selling and it was the same last year; so I'm taking July and August off as a reward to myself and I'll get some stock up and running for September and Christmas.


My latest doll is Dot the Pocket Angel from Jill Maas. I just love Jill's patterns they are so quirky. Dot has no hands or feet so she can be made in a few hours, unlike Violet who takes two days to complete. I have a contact who sells sheepskins and I get the offcuts from him to make the hair on my dolls. It certainly makes a difference when you use the real thing, plus the offcuts come in all sorts of colours even pink and purple.
Dot also has a waistcoat which I thought very significant as I'm 'The Waistcoat Lady' at the market and these little fronts (no backs) are much quicker to make, I wish all my waistcoats could be so quick!
Well, I'm off now to make some more pocket angels.

No comments: