Monday 8 June 2009

More challenges

This is for the challenge from Inspire Me Thursday - "The lost art of letter writing" - I had some A4 stretched canvasses that were just asking for paint and an article by Julie Fei-fan Balzer gave me a new technique to try. I wrote the little letter to my grandchildren (all girls) whilst watching "The Mummy Returns" which appealed to my sense of humour, and transferred their photos onto the canvass over the writing. Then a little oil pastels, spray paints and a few dots and hearts finished it off. The transfer wasn't too clever and I need to experiment more to get it more definite. Still that's what it's all about.


Last Friday I went to my monthly scrapping club and the teacher there gave us this rather tricky layout to copy. Weaving circles and strips whilst sticking them down was rather a challenge and I also had to get the strips at right angles to each other whilst doing this. The picture is a bit off, but the lines are straight - honest.

We were given two lengths of silk to do the cross stitch round the thin circles and I just about made it last. When I got home I put a few more embellishments onto it, to make it mine, so to speak, as I felt the flowers were too small to give a proper impact.





1 comment:

milkcan said...

Beautiful canvas! I'm glad you were inspired by my article!