Tuesday 3 February 2009

Blizzard in Devon? Unheard of..

When I moved to Devon, I asked the local people whether it snowed much here, and was assured that they had never seen snow for nearly 30 years! Huh! Well, we have just had one massive blizzard with the snow topping at least 4" on the pots in the garden. I had to post a picture of my dogs playing in the snow as I think it is the first time they have seen/smelled/tasted snow. They keep going through the dog flap and running round the garden, kicking up flurries and dashing in to the warm again.

You can see the difference from the first two photos where the snow was just a smattering yesterday to the 3rd photo where it came down quite fierce today. And now at 11am we have brilliant sunshine...how did that happen?

I decided that I'll not go to the market this week, as Bert is coming next Tuesday and I'd rather spend the time with him. He said he would be giving me two orders for waistcoats so that will keep me going until I next get to the market.

I'm having a struggle with my embroidery software, as it wouldn't connect with the USB stick, so I phoned the shop and found out it was the software connections. I went onto the Husqvana site and lo, and behold, there was the drivers (a patch) for the new software they had issued last last year. I'd had the notice but never had time to follow it up. So, now no excuse not to get going with the embroidery on Miss Young's trousers - my next task.




No comments: