Saturday 14 February 2009

Meet Ngozi


Here is a little art doll I made for the February challenge from Stitched Textiles. The theme was hearts and red, so I made a little African doll with an african symbol on her red blanket which means 'learn from the past', something we should all do. She also has hearts on her earrrings and etched into one of her hands. I based her loosely on a picture of a young maasi girl and gave her the name of a lady who did much for Africa.
Unfortunately I don't have much time for challenges this week as I'm full of waistcoat orders that have to be done by the beginning of the next week. I also have to start a course on Sample Books with Janet Clark, and there is Harts +/or wings for the Monday Mixed Media challenge - I'd love to make a fairy art doll for that one, but time is against me.
Bert is here this week and he has been busy getting the garden tidied up and a few problems solved in the house, bless him, he is very much better in himself and we have gelled together again. He goes back for chemo next Tuesday and then Ed and family will arrive, so I must crack on and clear the decks asap.

1 comment:

Crafty Green Poet said...

she's beautiful, lovely. I've enjoyed browsing your blog!