Sunday 8 February 2009

Folding


This week's challenge from 'Inspire me Thursday' was folding. I had just received a book CD from Maggie Grey called 'Paper and Beyond' and it had a section on concertina books, so I used the template to fold the little book here. As the book suggested, I washed the paper with water and dripped paint randomly over it, then when it had dried, I stamped it. Once I had folded the pages it seemed to suggest birds to me, like they were all round a birdbath twittering and having fun, so I cut out some birds from some paper I had previously painted and used these to make the covers. A bit of ribbon to close the book and hey presto! a mini bird book. I hope you like it. My red/heart art doll is progressing but I have a lot of beading to do before it is finished, thank goodness it is a monthly challenge.
Also I have been busy learning about shape and position thanks to GPP Street Team. I'm not ready to show my work on this yet, I'm still very much a newbie and have lots to learn before I have the confidence to show what I've done. I love the way Michelle has set up the challenges and done a mini workshop so that I can follow it without making too many mistakes. However, she says they are not mistakes just artistic interpretation (smile). It also gives me the chance to use all those tools and paints I have horded over the years and enjoy myself.

2 comments:

soulbrush said...

good practice here. keep going.

Deb G said...

Fun response!