Thursday 5 February 2009

Carding, sort of




Yesterday saw the first of the card workshops at the local card supplies factory for 2009. I was shown how to dry emboss and made two cards whilst there. It made a change to get out of the house and meet like minded people and I really enjoyed learning a new technique. You'll note the well tied bow on the left of the green one. I make and tie bow ties to match my waistcoats and ended up showing all the other ladies how to tie a bow in a similar fashion. My contribution to the workshop.
The stitched textile group challenge for February seems to be hearts or maybe RED, not sure yet, but I have a great idea for another art doll - Africa. When making a book cover for another course I took last year I came across several african symbols and remembered one that looked like a heart. So, using that and the colour red I think I'll have a starting point whichever way the challenge goes. Just have to find a way of making a tiny african mask to finish her off.


No comments: