Saturday 31 January 2009

Soup

What's this 'soup' you might ask...well, I've just joined a group called 'Inspire me Thursday' and this week's challenge was to interpret 'SOUP'! I was watching TV last night with half my brain taking in the show and the other half mulling over this 'soup' like a dog with a bone. Suddenly, eureka! the light bulb went on, as it does, and I had my slogan. This morning I took a photo of my right eye (using a mirror and not that easy) and used it to interpret 'A fly in my soup, soup in my eye' - yes, I know it's corny but what can I say - light bulbs!! I can only hope that the other members forgive my sense of humour and let me live to fight another day.

The photo seemed to lend itself to a scrap book layout and I used my stash of bits and pieces to liven it up. I think I'll have to start a 'Challenges' scrapbook as there are several site I think are really cool and giving me lots to think about.


Last Thursday on the market, I was given an order for a waistcoat for a man with a colostomy bag, which I was really keen to make. I floated the idea with Bert and he loved it, having to wear one himself. He said that he felt embarrassed wearing just a shirt and trousers with braces and in the hot weather jackets are out. A waistcoat was just the thing to cover the bag and braces. This gentleman was going to the Carribean where it would be really hot, bless him. I also was asked to do some embroidery on the legs of some jeans that another customer had bought, the only problem is how much to charge?
This week has been busy but gratifying inspite of the problems and with February just round the corner bringing with it all the new challenges and workshops, it will be a month to look forward to.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ha ha ...brilliant. Welcome to I.M.T. - nice to meet your blog!

latisha said...

i love this sort of creativity. no excuses, sometimes silly, sometimes dirty but right out there and from you. this is awesome!