Wednesday 28 January 2009

A great week, finally

This week started badly but got a lot better as the days progressed. I do my banking on a Sunday and noted that I'd been charged with a huge sum of money by Capital One bank and I know I did not authorise this, so I had to phone Abbey and freeze my account and bank card. What a mega deal that was, and now I have to wait 7-10 days to get the new account number and card which had me diving into the village to arrange different bank accesses. Fortunately I had another bank account that I could transfer money into to keep me going until all was safely restored. Whilst in the bank the customer before me was reporting a similar problem and I really felt for him and both of us are hoping Abbey can get our money back.

Tuesday was better and I started my 'Be good to yourself' challenge that had to be finished by end January...Huh! I started a project based on an article in last year's Workshopontheweb with a pagan theme, but somehow it morphed into something else (don't you hate it when that happens?) however, I cracked on and made a pocket book for holiday mementos, almost finishing it on Tuesday and I got up early Wednesday to complete it, photograph and send it to the group website just in time. I really enjoyed this challenge which is what it's all about.
I think that is all my challenges for this month completed and now feel bereft, with nothing to do. However, February brings its own challenges and course work so I think I'll give myself a little holiday until then.
Today Wednesday, I got a huge water bill (I think I'm being targetted!) which will have to be sorted out - that's my next task. Also I need to make more leaflets for the market tomorrow, they all get taken but don't seem to gender any orders...go figure!

Well, it's a lovely day today, sunny and warm'ish, but just a little damp. This should be good for tomorrow and encourage people to come out and shop, hopefully.

No comments: