Wednesday 21 January 2009

Lots of fun

I have been racing away with my challenges this month, and finished a couple of them. The first was a little book made from a chipboard book from Maya Road and an article from the January edition of Crafts Beautiful. I did all the pages but it became too much for the covers to close so I've had to take some pages out and make little book covers from them.










I took up the challenge of making an art doll and got inspiration from a wild ginger plant called Red Torch grown in Indonesia...my doll morphed several times before this light bulb went on but as soon as I saw the picture I knew I could "make it work" to quote Tim Gunn. Well, I finished it today and it's ready to be swapped with another member of our group...I hope she likes it (heartfelt prayer). But...this has set off an addiction in me and I want to make more dolls and maybe progress to arms and legs, who knows? I have seen such wonderful dolls on the internet whilst researching and have to admire the work put into them.










Apart from that, I have been busy making waistcoats for my customers and looking after the dogs...little tykes...had a fall and hurt my knee which upset Digger mightily, he didn't stop shivering for at least an hour so it must have taken him back to when his previous owner fell and died in her kitchen. But if he will pee on the lino where I can't see it and slip what can he expect? Now I know why they call them 'slippers' and have taken to wearing shoes instead whilst hobbling round the house.
Bert is progressing well and feeling much better in himself, he seems to be coming out of the doldrums and looking for things to do which must be good. His doctors are impressed with his recovery which unfortunately gives him nothing to complain about.
Mother is having her bathroom sorted out this week, she is having a shower tray and a new toilet put in by the local plumber. We have been talking about this for over a year as Madeleine and I would love her to have a completely new bathroom suite, but she has gone for least disruption instead, and as she is 87 in a couple of weeks, I can't blame her. I'll be talking to her tomorrow and find out how she went on and if it is all she wanted/needed.










No comments: