Monday 16 June 2008

Lesson 5 - completed

I finally finished off my Lesson 5 over the weekend. I didn't like my faux leather look paper bag so when I saw an article by Maggie Smith I lept at the chance to change the paper. I fused some cotton to the back, pressed some dyed bondaweb to the front and used some bits and pieces from my bits bag to make a collage over the bondaweb. I made some criss-cross slips on gold felt and cut them out, scattered them over the piece leaving one to act as a button and finished off with some copper coloured net.

Then I followed Sue Bleiweiss's article on making a padfolio. It turned out smaller than I thought it would but very neat. The middle has a pocket for slipping a secretary's pad into and the inside front has a diagonal pocket to put pens and pieces collected. The machine covered cord was made with 3 different fibres and finished off with a gold silk cocoon.

These would make rather lovely presents for friends and I have it in mind for Christmas too.

Well, back to making a silk waistcoat for my absent-minded professor. I can't wait for the next lessons to arrive and get my creative juices flowing again.

No comments: