Wednesday 25 June 2008

A busy week and it's only Wednesday

This week we have packed in a lot. Monday was paint day for making painted papers for my journal. Sue had set us 5 different ways of painting papers and two of them were quite successful, shame about the others! Still you have to go through all the types of application to find the one that suits you.

I loved the spray painting on thick paper then covering it with cling film, that gave a lovely effect; the other one was blobbing paint onto cling film, a quick swish then covering it with paper then pealing it off - another success. It seems I make more of an achievement when there is mess!
We also had to do 3 other types but as you see from the pictures the ink sprays were not bad but the others are heavily painted and scraped and not my cup of tea.


Tuesday we saw Gary the carpenter who came to put in skirting boards in my hall and kitchen/ diner. The ground floor had concrete (or in Gary's words - granite) borders which had been gouged out to lay pipes and tiles. The skirting boards finished off the walls and gave a clean edge all round. We can even lay electrical wiring behind them to the studio, so I don't have to use endless extension leads.

Wednesday I finished off my papers, Gary finished off the skirting boards and we all sighed with relief. We are ready for my daughter, Stephanie, and her family to arrive next week and enjoy a few days in the sun (hopefully).

No comments: