Wednesday 4 June 2008

Holiday over

Well, we did get out eventually. We picked up some lovely pots very cheaply at the pottery and had lunch at Sainsbury's, not a place I would normally have gone to but our meal proved to be very tasty and well presented and we got to go round Sainsbury's to fill in a few hours.

The following day was better and I went down the market to set up my stall. Mother and Graham came down later, did some shopping and wandered back to the house and when I had packed up and returned home they were both happily reading their new books. Gareth appeared just in time (as you do) for the evening meal which was nice. He also helped me get my wii console started and tuned into the TV and we played games on the wii sports until bedtime. I'm very impressed with the wii console and it was nice to be ahead of my sons in the technology game. There is a lot to learn and fun to be had through this type of exercising.

Friday saw the departure of Mother and Graham and the arrival of Bert and the departure of Gareth - all in one day. Bert has since been busy building a semi-circle of bricks around the tree in the front garden which integrates the lilac tree into the overal scheme and I'll post a picture when all the bags and bricks have been moved out. He is now block bricking up the side of the house to tidy up the walkway. I also have a carpenter here putting in a new back door which will be such a relief!!! The old one was almost off it's hinges and squeeking every time I opened it. I couldn't use the handle and had to bolt it to keep it shut. I'll soon have a nice new white door with a proper dog flap and glass panel to see if anyone is outside before I open the door.

This week I have been making 3 waistcoats and 2 bow ties for customers. They seem to like my new style of dress waistcoat and I took 2 orders for it on Thursday. As today is Wednesday I'll be back there tomorrow to see what I can sell again.

As you can see it has been a hectic week, but I've enjoyed it immensely.

No comments: