Wednesday 22 December 2010

sweater heaven

I knitted Digger a sweater to match Peggy's, just different colours. Trouble is they both love them and when I put them on my dogs they go out into the snow and won't come back indoors. They have had great fun romping around the garden and the green outside the house, pushing the snow up in the air with their noses. Digger whinges all morning until he puts his sweater on for his trip outside; drives me mad!

Here the roads are driveable, but the icy paths are certainly a health hazard. I tried to get to my friend's house this morning but only got as far as the garage then had to turn back. I dug my car out of the frost and drove to the nearest carpark, and walked very gingerly round to her house for a short stay - cup of tea and a chat - exchanged presents and left to do the reverse journey. I almost wished I was impaired enough to warrant a walking stick, but I mustn't tempt fate.

I must thank the post office this year because their job at the moment must be so demanding due to the weather. However, I got presents delivered to me for my friends only 1 day late and the presents I arranged for my sons were delivered on the morning stated in the website. How's that for organisation and customer satisfaction. Well done!

When the snow fell last week my telephone cable came away from the house and left me stranded, no landline, no broadband, it was like losing an arm and I felt very cut off. Thankfully my trusty mobile allowed me to get in touch with Sky who arranged for an engineer to come and reconnect me yesterday. Thus I can now update my blog, read my facebook, collect the books from Amazon bought for my kindle and read all my emails. Whew...life is always throwing up problems to be solved.



No comments: