Tuesday 11 January 2011

Window cleaner

Why am I so excited about finally finding a window cleaner???

Ever since I moved to Devon I noticed that window cleaners are as elusive as the tin that was once mined here. Today as I took the dogs for their walk round the block, there he was, finishing cleaning the house up the road. I pounced on him immediately, dogs in a tangle of leads and asked, very politely, "do you do domestic houses?" The foolish man said "Yes". Another pounce got him to admit he could have a word with his boss, come round almost immediately and assess my windows.

I don't know why I should be so happy, but if I can finally see out of the top windows that must be the bonus for this year! Extra plus was that he was so reasonable, much less than my mother pays in Cheshire but I'm keeping that to myself.

So one happy teddy meets the New Year with a smile!

No comments: