Friday 28 January 2011

Finally finished

My daughter send me a calendar she had made where she had cut out the faces of family and superimposed them on various other photos. I wanted to be able to use this calendar but it was not in the right format. So over the past weeks I have been collecting stuff to turn it into a calendar book. I had a cardboard sleeve used to package a sheet, a piece of fabric paper I had painted and stamped and Hated! some grungeboard letters etc. I covered the sleeve with the fabric paper, machined the letters on top and coloured them; then felted some wool rovings to make a cover for the spine. Next I made a concertina of folded card to use as an support for the pages and added the calendar papers but opposite each month I put another piece of plain card to add all the achievements for that month.

Here I am as the Statue of Liberty (Bert always called me Libby or Liberty when he was making a point) on the September page.

Although I hated the fabric paper, once I had added all the other elements it looked much better and it gives me hope for the other pieces I have done and ditched in my 'hopeless' box. It just shows that you should never throw anything away because it can always be reclaimed.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Hi you busy bee! It was Mike who created the calendar. He will be chuffed to see that his work has been immortalized in such a lovely package. xxx