Thursday 9 December 2010

Weather...or not


With it being so cold I was 'forced' into finishing off my Christmas presents ready for sending out. I used up all my Christmas paper and that's when I saw Digger taking off with the inner cardboard tube in his mouth. This tube was at least 3 times longer than him and it posed lots of hazards like getting between my desk and chair, through the kitchen door etc. and then Peggy spotted him with it and decided she wanted some, so that meant a tug of war game and lots of growling. They had lots of fun with a simple cardboard tube and I had to laugh along with them.

Our neighbour 3 doors away has put some blinking lights up along his guttering and we can see these from the hall window. This has caused Digger some confusion and he has been growling at them for several days. Here the dogs are at the window trying to decide if they are a threat or not...
 You can't see the lights properly but the picture gives some idea of what the dogs can see and it took a while for Digger to settle down and ignore them.



I also had a little time to make Peggy a new sweater. I had tried the one I made for Vicky (who died) but poor Peggy is a lot bigger and was having difficulty walking in it. So off I went to the wool shop and got some chunky wool and huge needles and a pattern off the internet and made a custom sweater for her. Doesn't she look cute?

I had to bribe her with a doggie toffee to get her to sit so that I could take a picture of her. I also bought some wool off the internet which is still awaiting arrival. I will be making Digger a sweater as soon as it arrives and maybe one for next door's Archie too because Parson's Jack Russells seem to fall between the cracks when it comes to shop bought sweaters. They are either too small or too large whereas this pattern can be altered to suit the pet. I got the pattern from here and do thank whoever was kind enough to put it on the net.

No comments: