Tuesday 14 December 2010

more bird houses


Here is the latest bird house; I made it for my dog walker and will fill it with little sachets of pot pouri and a post it note pad and small pencil, as a Christmas 'thank you' for taking my dogs out every week, rain, hail and snow, bless her.  She is a lovely girl but how she goes out in all weathers is beyond me.

These shapes started with a wedding box made from white lace coasters, but I got bored with the same square and started exploring other shapes to see if they would be popular with our tourist trade. A couple i.e. the tower and the bonbon box were failures but the rest seemed to appeal. I'll have to see if I can make enough to sell on a regular basis, but at the moment I'm not sure I want to start selling again...maybe next Spring?

Happiness is a son who asked if he could come for Christmas and that's a big 'Yes'. I'll get to try out my new culinary skills on him, poor soul, and he'll have to smile and say 'its gorgeous'. The one big problem I have is what to do with the waste peelings and left over bits that come from cooking raw food. Devon has issued us with a kitchen caddy to fill, but we can't put any plastic in it, and have to use kitchen roll to line it, then it goes into the green recycling wheelybin which is only collected every two weeks. Boy, does it whiff in the summer! Unfortunately I don't have a compost bin - nowhere to put it and no use for it after as my garden consists of gravel and slate to make it dog friendly. Hey Ho....


No comments: