Tuesday 19 August 2008

A night's sleep...

The plan went well last night, and I got the first good night's sleep since I left home for Cheshire. There is nothing like your own bed as many people know, and my back makes it difficult to sleep elsewhere. Digby slept in the living room on the settee after I had put a child gate across the bedroom door. He could see me but his bed was on the other side and once he realised I was not going to let him in, he went downstairs and onto the settee. He barked for a while so I went down to him and shouted at him and from then on, he was as quiet as a baby.

Today he has been a really happy dog, playing with Peggy and having little sleeps, and seems to be settling in comfortably. I was able to take my car in for its MOT which, unfortunately, it failed and now I have to sort it out. Mother rang to tell me her cat Silvester had a tumour and had to be put to sleep. I was worried about her being alone and encouraged her to think of giving a home to a rescue cat. She was concerned that if she got a young cat it would have to be rehomed if she died, but as I pointed out, she doesn't have to get a kitten and there must be other cats that need rehoming because their owner has died. She'll think about it.

My third worry is Bert who has had several mini strokes and is well under the weather. He gets his scan results tomorrow and I'm hoping there is something the doctor can do for him. Again, unfortunately he has a low tolerance for the drugs they give him and stops taking them before they have chance to have any effect.

I paid for my holiday today, a week on the Isle of Wight in October with Gareth's mother-in-law, Maureen, so it isn't all bad news and hopefully will get better.

No comments: