Monday 18 August 2008

A little darling, a little horror

Digby is a little darling - most of the time. During the day he will play with Peggy, have sleeps in his basket and sit beside me on the settee. However, night-time is a different matter...he is very nervous of noises, especially next door, and barks consistantly for hours. This is not acceptable to my neighbours who have to get up at 05:30 to go to work and I have to find a way to stop him. I called the rehoming centre for help and now have a plan. We'll see if tonight proves to be different because on the whole he is fitting into the family very well.


Peggy went to her social club this morning and Digby missed her quite badly. He searched all round the house then sat in his basket until she came home an hour later. I've arranged for him to join the social club and take turns at going every fortnight with Peggy going the alternate weeks. I think this will help him adjust to playing with other dogs, because it certainly did Peggy good - she is a different dog since she started going there.

At the moment he is trying to drag his large basket into the middle of the kitchen and has scattered all the contents in his wake - not sure why he is doing this, but no doubt he knows what he is doing. He goes on his own into the garden frequently and has learned to get in and out of the dogflap so he is all set for the winter.


I was able to do some more journalling for my mother today and achieved a surprise for her. A doorway that opens and shows her wedding photo (one of those I pinched during my visit). I also finished that set of pages and only have one signature left to complete. I just hope she likes it and takes it lightheartedly as is meant. The words conveyed are Caring and Nurturing. The middle page is Impatient, but I showed that picture earlier on - I think?

1 comment:

Maggie Grey said...

Glad you found the pipe cleaner idea useful - love the weaving. You are very brave taking on Digby - he looks good fun though. Hope it all works out - especially the nights.

maggie