Tuesday 13 March 2012

So cute

I had a mental epiphany and worked on two new ideas this week. My mother gave me a little sachet in the shape of a pair of shorts that she had bought many moons ago and I bought some scraps of material and made little key ring shorts scented with honeysuckle.



Then yesterday I looked at some circles of organza my friend had given me in white and lavender. I started playing with them and sewed some ric-rac around the edge of the white circle then a gathering line 2" from the outside. I gathered it into a pocket and filled the centre with honeysickle pot pourii then added 3 roses and a bow of green ribbon. It looked like a wedding favour or hostess gift and really quite cute. I tried the same technique with the lavender circles but with a lilac flower edging and filled with dried lavender. Again so cute!


now how do you follow these little whimsies? I'll have to think hard and long to find other ideas as cute as them.

On the personal front, I found out, by elimination, that the food the vet had given me for Digger was the cause of his sickness - go figure! I went to our local pet shop and they recommended a bag of organic chicken and brown rice cubes that he scoffed immediately with no barfing. Not only that but I was given a card with two stamps on it and when I fill the card I get a bag free PLUS another card with two yellow stickers that enters me into a draw and I get another bag free when that is filled up too. Hey, I'll be back there regularly to get my stickers and both dogs are now eating well. Digger sees the vet again tomorrow when he will be assessed for sessions in the hydropool to get his leg muscles working again. Should be fun...NOT.

I think its the warmer weather and days of sunshine that are waking me up and getting my creative juices going. I do hope other people are feeling the same and doing whatever they are good at.





No comments: