Monday 4 May 2009

On the Beach challenge


I know I'm too late to add this to the Mixed Media challenge for last week, which was 'On the Beach' but I remembered this page I had done for my sampler book which seemed to answer the call. I used aquarelle paint sticks for the background and some xpandaprint both at the bottom and top to represent sand. A beach picture was printed onto inkjet acetate and cut into 3 then stitched onto the page; a pocket of fine lutrador and a shell completed the picture. I also made a postcard from vilene, painted and stamped plus a picture of my grandfather on his bike and the words 'wish you were here' added in little baloon alphabet stickies.
This week has been decidedly busy as Bert and I got stuck into the garden, taking rubble to the recycling centre (once I had reccied it) and chopping down dead trees and clipping bushes. We now have a neat and tidy garden to sit in the sun and dream. Bert has also bought me a Big Shot and Xyron for my scrapping so I'll be so busy when he has to return to Macclesfield for more tests. He surprised me this visit as he looks wonderfully well and is acting stronger and more positive. I can't get over the change in him and he is tackling more jobs around the house, bless him.


Tomorrow I head north to see my mother and spend a few days with her, taking Bert back at the same time, and I'll return on Thursday, ready for more challenges.


1 comment:

Steph said...

All I can say, Mum, is wow!