Friday 15 May 2009

Petals

Inspire Me Thursday's challenge is Petals and I had this little piece in my kitchen waiting for somewhere to go. I had made a background of lengths of wool, sandwiched between two layers of soluble film and a grid stitched over it. Then the petals were FME'd again on soluble film along with some leaves and added to the background. The centres are strips of organza gathered up and snipped to form stamens. I used a delicate background paper so that the clematis would stand out.

Yesterday, at the market, was really busy and I collected 4 orders much to my surprise. I have not seen it so busy for quite a while and one customer said he had come all the way from Crediton to see me, bless him. This means that I'll have no spare time for playing next week so I'm trying to finish my challenges today.

No comments: