Saturday 25 April 2009

Additional art piece

This is the Inspire Me Thursday challenge's latest word = PUSH. I had these photos of my grandparents for a long time just waiting for an inspirational moment to add them to my scrapbook.




Every weekend during the summer months, granddad took his family to the beach at Brighton on their push bikes. It was some 30 miles away but that didn't deter them and they had sandwiches on the beach and headed home during the evening sun. I think it was a ploy to tire them out and have a peaceful Sunday lie in.




This is the second piece of work I've done for my Tree Spirits diptich. I can't add a third because the fabric has run out - pity, but there it is. Maybe I'll extend by doing something entirely different, who knows.





Also finished Amber who is looking thoughtfully at the pewter twig and wondering what to do with it, will it grow or should it be thrown away? I really love the face on these dolls and have had another go as well as mixing up my patterns to make a new doll. Watch this space...



Bert arrives on Monday so I'll not have much time to play, and then I'm heading north to see my mother for a few days the following week, but hopefully I'll be back after that.



1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hi,
Are you the lady whose Mum lives on Maple Ave? Did you give my late Mum's jack russell, Digby and new home by the sea? My sons would love to see pictures of Digby (or Digger)running in the sand with his new doggy friend. Would this be possible? I haven't met you but you met my sister Pam when she gave you Diggerby. I'm sure he is very happy, Thankyou.
Debs