Saturday 11 April 2009

Cheating


As it is Easter, time is very short and I have to concentrate on what needs to be done and what can be done - don't we all??? So I couldn't resist putting up my picture of my art doll, Wild Ginger (which I made a couple of months ago) for the Inspire Me Thursday challenge which is Spice. I'm quite proud of this doll as it was my first and based on the ginger plant from North Sumatra and has inspired me to try more complicated dolls.

This past week has been quite busy as my eldest son, Gareth, arrived and stayed for the week! I managed to get him to do some small jobs around the house for me, and was rewarded with a copy of a video game called "Rome - Total War". This game quite takes over your life, as you plot and scheme how to build armies, and towns and go forth to conquer the world. You also have to appease the senate who make unreasonable demands and sort out financial dealings by trading and bullying. I spent the whole of Wednesday doing this much to my amazement; I don't know where the time went, so I have to ration myself or I'll go blind and stiff as a board as I crouch over my PC.

I must also play some more with Violet, I made up her arms and legs only to find I should have added a seam allowance, don't you just hate that, and made them long and spindly, so today I'll get some better fabric and do them again.

No comments: