Friday 27 March 2009

Getting better

Here is my new art doll, from a pattern by Cindee Moyer. I made a special effort to stay away from PINK. I found this pattern much better to construct than the last one, but some of the instructions were a bit vague and assumed I was a doll maker...well, I'm trying! I've called her Bluebell and she is weighted with pigeon feed, would you believe? The pattern called for plastic pellets, but our art shop didn't stock them and I was sent to the pet shop across the road. They had the polystyrene blown pellets used for stuffing beds but they were too light for my doll, so the shop assistant, bless her, suggested the pigeon feed and having hoisted the bag I realised it was just the right weight.

Unfortunately my Spanish cruise in the first week of May has been cancelled...Boo Hoo...I was really looking forward to it, but as the dogs are booked into kennels I'm going to see my mother in Cheshire for a few days instead. I transferred my deposit to another trip, this time to York so I can see Phil, Wendyand my grandchildren, and as a trip to Harrowgate is included that will be a special treat.

I have another of Cindee's patterns to try and as I don't have any waistcoat orders this week, I'll have time to play.



1 comment:

Steph said...

She is absolutely beautiful, Mum. I've never been a fan of dolls, but this lil lady is something else. And I bet the pidgeons love her!