Monday 30 March 2009

Another doll



Here is my second Cindee Moyer doll, she is an upside down heart but I may have made the face too tight and she looks like she has a headache. I had to be very creative in stuffing her as the hole I'd left was filled with a 3/16" dowl rod so I had to put a funnel over the rod and into the hole and stuff the fibrefill down between them. I now feel more capable of attempting a more complicated doll pattern called Violet by Jill Mass; she is a goth doll and very cute. After her I think I'll get going on a Patty Culea pattern but we'll have to see how I get on.

Last month I had a waistcoat returned because the fashion fabric had broken down, so I'd arranged a swap. However, after taken it apart and ditching the fronts, I decided to add new fronts to the back. I made up two fronts and attached them at the shoulders only to find the sides were 2" too short! Woe was me...I had to take it apart again, make more two new fronts and today I finally had my new waistcoat. Now I have to make a new back for the two fronts I cut short...maybe next week.

Digger had an accident with the dog flap last month, he caught his toe in the corner and on Saturday when I took him for his daily walk, he suddenly stopped and started licking his toe. When I had a look it was bleeding quite badly, so I phoned the vet and got an appointment for him, and the vet found that half his claw had come away but we would have to wait and see if it would all come away naturally or if he would need surgery. Now he has to have pain killers and antibiotics every day wrapped up in slices of beef - what will he do when the tablets run out??

Work is done and lunch to get, then to play again with Violet...

1 comment:

Steph said...

I think she's luverly!