Wednesday 9 July 2008

Awful weather

Today is very wet. I needed some ink for my printer and dashed into town to get some and got thoroughly soaked through every piece of clothing I had on. But it had to be done, I can't go through life without a working printer. I was up early today and doing my wii-fit exercises. My weight goes up and down daily so I don't take any notice any more, but I'm getting better at the exercises and gathering enough extra minutes in my bank to unlock lots of other exercises. Also I don't ache as much as I did when I first started, so something good is happening!





Last week I made a little book cover for my stall accounts by trying out one of Carol Coleman's little workshops. This is made from trapping bits of fibres between cling film and also the first time I've tried free motion stitching on cling film. I needed to change to a teflon foot, and be extra patient as the metallic thread broke so many times I have a bag full of ends, but I got the hang of it and was quite pleased with the cover.





Our latest lesson came from Sue on Monday, all 19 pages of it, and I have been working through all the different techniques she has listed. I dyed fabric and lace in several different ways, and added the lace to the pages of my journal.


An item she showed us was a memory book and I suddenly had the idea of making up one of the pages Lucy had painted a butterfly on, into a memory book of her visit - see photos - I fused a blank page to the inside, adding a tie through the centre then I added the photos of the beach, some plastic sewn into pockets for some shells she had collected and a strip torn off another page she had painted. Then I added a pocket to one of the pages in my journal for putting the book into. I need to get some sand to put into the 3rd plastic pocket.

I have another butterfly page waiting for me to add something and as I have been invited to a wedding in a couple of weeks, I thought this would be ideal to capture the memories of that day too.

Now I need to get everything together for the market tomorrow. After two weeks away I'll have to find all the stuff I take and make sure it is all up to date.


No comments: