Sunday 1 April 2012

Spirit doll

The past week as seen me with a dire cold, maybe even 'flu, not sure but it felt epic! After two days of coughing and sneezing and using a tree of tissues, I woke yesterday with a brainstorm...a spirit doll had kept me awake since 4am and I could not wait to get going making one.  I did some research and found a freebee pattern then dived into my scrap bin for the right fabrics etc. Yesterday it came to me that I should make 4 of these spirit dolls, Earth, Fire, Air and Water and as my first doll was from an orange kimono piece that made her FIRE. I also belong to an online doll making company called Dollmaker's Journey and the latest newsletter gave us a tutorial in making angel wings...how appropriate was that! So today was spent doing these lovely fairy wings for my spirit doll.
of course they are not visible in this picture and I'll have to do a second photo for next time. I often wonder how all these separate elements come together when I'm making something and all because I felt so ill; but they did the job of getting me going again and ready for the market tomorrow. After that I'll have a go at AIR which will be white.


No comments: