Monday 3 November 2008

A good day today

I have been making crow dolls today for my youngest (at the moment) granddaughter, Edith. I started out on Sunday with no idea of how to put them together but following instructions (always hard for me) soon made it easy to get to grips with.
They are a bit punk rocker but cheeky with it.

Here are some pictures of Gareth getting to know Digger for the first time, in spite of posessiveness from Peggy, bless her.
Update on Bert
Last Tuesday I got a call from Bert to say
that the surgeon was letting him go home that afternoon. I felt sucker-punched, in a
nice way and it took all day to recover - silly me! In the evening Gareth phoned in reply to my message update and let
me know that he was not going to Iraq - second great info of the day, but I never did get the third...I wonder why?
It took a lot out of Bert to get to his sister's house and he was glad to get back to bed, I know the feeling well. During the past week he has been taking short walks, going a bit farther each time and visiting his other relatives. He seems to be improving slowly (what can you expect at his age?) but he had the last drain
out before he left and it is taking time to heal and causing a lot of pain. I'm hoping this means he is healing and not storing up infection but we just have to wait and see.
I just got a call this afternoon from a course in South Moulton (about 5 miles away) to say they had a cancellation on a book binding course and would I like to join them? Would I ever!!!! So that's 15th Nov taken up, and it seems all the good courses are starting this month. I've bought Maggie Grey's latest book which had free lessons with it and joined her group called "catalogue killers"! Basically we were asked to put a catalogue out into the weather for 3 months after scoring it with a craft knife, we are all wondering what we will be doing with it, but so far there are no hints from Maggie. She is teaching us other wonderful stuff which will go a long way to making lovely Christmas presents. Several ideas I had have gelled into one big one and I just hope I have the ability to pull it off and will post some piccies if it does. However, if it doesn't a piccy of the dustbin will be substituted.

No comments: