Friday 26 September 2008

Proud Mum

Digger made me proud on Monday. I took both Digger and Peggy to the social club in the morning with my dog walker. Digger was a little nervous at first but as he was on a very long lead we were able to control where he went. He made friends with a couple of other Jack Russells and was soon having fun. After half an hour we let him off the lead and he continued to play and keep close - not like Peggy who legged it over to the estuary with a friend - and he ventured farther afield as his confidence grew. The club lady was impressed and only had to comment once about me petting him whilst he was barking at a dog who was too close; she said I had to walk away from him and give him room and I found he accepted that.

Wednesday the two dogs had a sleep-over at the kennels in preparation for my holiday and again they were as good as gold, so no worries about going away. Thursday I went to Exeter with Maureen to visit the Craft show. Maureen had organised seats on a local coach run by the Ilfracome WI which was quite handy and the only rub was that it was a long day, getting back about 17:00 and boy, was I tired! Although I didn't get what I went for, I managed to find some very interesting bits and pieces and several books (I can hear my offspring start to twitter in the background about my every growing library) that will prove useful.

Today has been quiet so I managed to get a haircut in and do the usual trip with the dogs.

Not much to talk about today because I can't show what I'm doing on the net, people who will benefit are watching!

No comments: