Saturday 13 September 2008

Amazing!

I had to put this picture up because I needed to record what a lovely day it was on Wednesday! Also when I look back during the winter and wonder where the summer went, I'll be able to pinpoint a week of it at least. The weather has held for 4 days now and the dogs have been able to go outside to play.

I have been busy this week, with waiting for a man to come and fix my back door because it had listed a bit and was catching at the top. I dashed out to the library and waited all day, but no man; then the next day he phoned about 10:45 and asked if he could come as the people he was supposed to see were not in. Of course I had an appointment that day, but we managed to fit the job in and he also sorted out the front door too, where that had slipped and put a beading round the edge to seal it off.

Wednesday I had an appointment with the vet to get Peggy's last postop checkup and her booster and kennel cough vaccines. Digger had to have his kennel cough too which meant he had to have a muzzle on. I'm not too sure what he might do to the poor vet if he had his teeth free. Kennel cough vaccine is squirted up their noses and not at all pleasant so they get really difficult to keep still whilst it is being done - I almost had to scrape Peggy off the wall when she saw it coming, and I was warned it would only get worse.

Here's a picture of Peggy and Digger using an old cardigan of mine as a tug-of-war rope after demolishing Peggy's sleeping basket. They can get quite rough whilst playing and Digger will insist on diving under my skirt when he's had enough and this makes it very difficult to keep my balance. He is quite proud of his new name tag which arrived this week, as finally he and we have become a family.



Thursday I went to the market and collected a jacket for alteration (I hate these) and an order for a long waistcoat. I had made a mockup for trying on before cutting into the fashion fabric and it fitted OK, so we'll go ahead this week and make it up properly.



Friday was a day of rest (after I had hoovered throughout the house) when I reclined on the settee with a dog at either end and read a book and watched Die Hart 4 and the Bank Heist with Jason Statham. I've not done that for a long time and really enjoyed myself.

Today I am preparing for another Christmas present, collecting paints and papers and sealing pages ready for working on. Again, I have lofty ideas but whether I can transfer these into a visual form is anyone's guess, but I'll have fun trying. I had a try at making Christmas cards and found it is not as easy as it looks. Anyone can stick bits and pieces onto card, but to get the colour and placement right is not easy and sometimes they can look quite dull and cheap. Well, back to the drawing board, and I'll leave cards to those who can and stick to my scrapping.

No comments: