Tuesday 2 March 2010

Enchanted

This week's challenge was Enchanted. I had puzzled over this one for a while thinking 'fairies' but having no stamps or pictures nothing came to mind.  However when I did a search on microsoft clipart I saw this picture and decided that was it. Then the question - how to use it?

So I made a book bag for my granddaughter's birthday. She loves to write and draw and be able to keep her journals away from prying eyes, so a book bag is the ideal present. It is printed onto cotton and quilted (sort of) then beaded. A wide tape was used to enclose the raw edges and make the strap.

Now all I have to do is make the journal and for that I shall have to update my stamps to include fairies. I hope she will be as 'enchanted' with this bookbag as I was making it.

7 comments:

Lori Saul said...

Absolutely beautiful - creative and magical!

Sandy said...

Gosh this is amazing and really enchanted. Magical creation.

Diane said...

Olivia, the book bag is indeed very enchanting and I know your lucky granddaughter is going to LOVE it! Diane

Janny said...

So Lovely!

Hermine said...

Its magical

Pretty Widow said...

This is really terrific - love the bright colours.

Unknown said...

the book bag is fantastic, I love the blue colors.
I am sure your granddaughter will love it...
thanks for sharing
michele