Tuesday 9 February 2010

My week of art

This is another journal I made for Mixed Media Monday's chalenge, Romance. It has an Edwardian look in oldfashioned lavender and lace. I had an ombre scarf in silk in shades of lilac and peach which went together with the sparkles on the trim.

I also made some more pages for my art journal. It was hard to come up with ideas that left places for journalling but I did get to try out some really nice products like the Glimmer Mists over a Tim Holtz grunge flourish, and pasting pieces of serviettes over a colour box background. Just some of the better ideas I came up with.


Bert went for the results of his scan yesterday and unfortunately his cancer has spread to his liver and lungs, and I think it is just a matter of time. We'll have to make some nice memories together.

Apart from that nothing has really happened this week;  it has been quiet so I tracked down my friend Sue at the market today and spent some time with her.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

its beautiful!

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful journal pages!!

Diane said...

Beautiful! Diane

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh how beautiful and how perfect for the theme! It is very dreamy!
And how clever you are to have combined all these elements.
Wonderful!