Thursday 6 August 2009

New doll

Here is my new doll and it is MINE. It is the result of all my learning whilst making other dolls and I do thank the tutors for their time and patience. Topsy grew from an idea I had but she is not what I imagined at the beginning which is why I called her Topsy - she evolved, due to the fabric and embellishments I had at the time. Funny but I had more trouble with the maraccas than the dress, the trims would not stick to the painted baubles without loads of glue. As this is a prototype I hope the next Topsy will be even better. I have hopes for a bride and maybe a Japanese lady (much research needed for that one!)



This next piece was made at my scrap club and shows a picture taken by my friend Patty in the USA. She was holidaying in the south and found this stagecoach apparently abandoned. It makes a wonderful focal point for the papers we were given at the
club. Unfortunately I won't be able to go this month because my wrist is still in a splint and I can't drive, not that I would be ableto keep up with everyone once there, so I'll have to wait until next month.

Next Monday my daughter and family arrive and I have much to do to make them confortable. On Thursday I head for York and my middle son and his family. I'm going on a coach trip so I'll be seeing Whitby and Harrowgate too, and that is something I've wanted to do for a long time. So, lots of fun next week, I just hope the weather keeps sunny so that I can take lots of lovely photos.




No comments: